When we think about health and fitness, our first thoughts pretty much divert to working out, being active and fueling up with the right nutrition. These aspects ARE the foundations, but underpinning all of this is having a compelling vision and powerful mindset.
We so often underestimate the power of our minds and our vision. I’m not talking about our eyesight, rather having a clear mental image of what it is that you want to achieve.
“I'll believe it when I see it” most people say. But in actual fact, ‘you see it when you believe it.’ Visualisation and mental imagery work, which is why we see and hear of so many success stories starting out with a compelling powerful vision. We only need to look to high achieving athletes and business women and men to see the results.
The best part about creating a powerful compelling vision is that anyone can do it and it is a fun and creative process.
Here are are my secrets to ensuring your health vision comes to life -
- Set time aside to think about what you really want your life to look like in the area of health and fitness.
- Write down how you SEE yourself and how you FEEL at your peak health and fitness state.
- Write down WHY you want to look and feel this way. (This is most important - keep asking yourself questions about WHY you want this.)
- With This information get creative write a vision statement including the points above.
- Create a vision board so you can actually see what your vision looks like. -Grab some old magazines and cut out images that you feel drawn too. -Collect images from publications you see throughout your day.
- Read your vision statement and look at your vision board every day and bring on the feelings you noted above.
The more we can see and feel what we want, the more we will start moving towards this. Keep connecting in with why you want what you want as this will drive you to maintain your exercise routine and healthy nutrition.