Looking for a new healthy habit to improve your daily regime?
I have listed below a handful of your favourites plus a few of my own and shared MY TIPS on how best to implement them into your day and easily at that!
Pick ONE, put it into practice for 2 weeks and tell me how you go!
GREEN JUICE HABIT
Whether you’re smashing a green juice in the mornings or not, it always way easier to stick to something that tastes good right?
So try this combo below –
- ½ Banana
- ¼ Paw Paw
- 2 Sticks Cekery
- 1 Bunch Silverbeet
Simple, tasty and gut healing!
Go to bed early! This is pretty much the best way to lock this habit down! Make sure you have ample sleep (like 8 hours minimum) and go with the intention just to move. You don’t have to be a superhero and smash one out the minute you step in the door. Usually that motivation comes part the way through!
CURB THE KILLER SUGAR CRAVING
To be honest if you try to avoid the sweat treats by eating nothing at all, you’re going to struggle. The body seeks out sugar when its looking for energy.
You have 3 options –
- Go to bed and get some rest!
- Drink water, usually our body is dehydrated and mistakes thirsty for hungry
- Make a healthier treat for you to enjoy, like Date Balls or Banana Slices with PB
If you opt for number 3, stick to making 1 batch of Date Balls a week OR only have half a Banana for the snack.
Date Ball Recipe Here.
Here’s my 4 easy step to getting your meal prep on!
- Buy yourself some sexy black containers - https://www.mealprepaustralia.com.au/
- Select your menu for the 5 days, alternating meals (3 for one meal, 2 days for the other)
- Sunday Morning is prep time, set aside 1-2 hours and PREPARE ALL OF YOUR MEALS!
- Every week select a new menu!
HEALTHY FOOD VARIETY
Some more steps to follow for healthy eating greatness –
- Get inspo from bloggers and fitness peeps
- Copy and paste all online links into a word doc and save it
- Make sure the meals and snacks you pick are EASY
- Check out the following healthy inspo – Surf Style Eats, Nourished Naturally, Chris Pratts #whatsmysnack and Wholesome Daily
PRE SURF/TRAINING WARM UP
Keep it simple! That’s the key, have 4-5 dynamic movements that loosen up the entire body without compromising your mobility.
Pick a bottle and make it BIG! I use a 2.2 Litre bottle so I know that if I get through the whole bottle, I’ll make my days quota along with all the tea I drink.
Don’t like cold water in winter…The buy yourself a BIG teapot! Select a lovely Caffeine free herbal tea and brew away! My pot stores roughly 1.1 Litres, so I work to get through 2 – 3 pots of tea a day.
If you try to commit to a 1 hour sit down but you just can’t seem to find the time…then stop! A 10 minute meditation to calm your nerves in the middle of the day is better than 1 hour of sitting and fidgeting, thinking about all the things you have to do!
I sit down for 10 minutes, morning, midday and afternoon. Focus on my breathing, feeling into the elements around me and just relaxing.
Voila! You’ve just put 30 minutes of meditation time into your day!
WORKING OUT CONSISTENTLY
Stop biting off more than you can chew. If the thought of getting stuck into a training session of sweat blood and tears sounds like hell to you then make the experience a little nicer.
When I’m breaking the seal again, I opt for shorter gentler workouts, including things I like to do.
Go with this every second day for about 2 weeks, then the same every week day for 2 weeks, then every day for two weeks and if you’re not feeling the motivation to up the anti by then…it’s time to get a regular PT on the books!