Today I’m going to tackle two issues…lack of snacks for a regular day AND lack of creative tasty snacks!
Almost everyone (including me!) finds it difficult to stay away from the easy, sugary shit treats when there isn’t a single healthy option in site. True?
So to make your life a little easier and my belly full of tasty food, I spent a few hours putting together some half way easy creative and tasty treats for you to prep and take with you on your person so you’re not tempted to stuff your face with tempting foods! Got it?!
I worked with 3 staple snacks…mixed up the flavours…put them on a plate and voila! See below for the deets –
CUCUMBERS EGG ROLLS - FIVE WAYS!
This one shows you’ve got real SNACK GAME! Recipe below should make you a snack worth, roughly 4. These babies are inspired by Chris Pratt, thanks mate!!!!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cucumber (depends on your grating skills!)
- Dash of Olive Oil
- Small Can of Springwater Tuna/Salmon
- 1 – 2 Tsp Tumeric or Keens Spice Mix
- 1 Tblsp Cashew Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1/4 Fresh Avocado
- Boil your eggs for about 6 minutes, cool and de shell.
- While the eggs are cooking, take a grater and grate strips off your Cucumber down to the seeds (leave those!).
- Layout your Cucumber wraps, roughly 3 strips each.
- Mash the Egg till crumbly.
- Tuna Egg Rolls – Mix in tuna/salmon, olive oil and salt.
- Spiced Egg Rolls – Mix in Tumeric or Keens Spices, olive oil and salt
- Cheesy Egg Rolls – Mix in Cashew Cheese of your choice, olive oil and salt
- Avo Egg Rolls – Mix in Avocado, squeeze of Lemon and Salt
- Tahini Egg Rolls – Mix in Tahini, Olive Oil x2 and Salt.
- Spoon some of your Egg mix of choice onto one end of your Cucumber strips and wrap wrap away!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, no longer than 2 days!
BANANA EGG PIKLETS - THREE WAYS!
You know I’m a fan of these babies, but have you ever thought to eat them on the run!!! So tasty, so easy to transport and super frickin tasty! The batch below should make at least 10 little ones.
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- 3 Tbsp Oats (Rolled, Instant or Quick)
- Coconut Oil
- 2 Tblsp Peanut Butter OR Almond Spread
- 1 Tsp Cacao Powder
- 1 Tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 TbspMaple or Rice Malt Syrup
- Chuck Eggs, Bananas, Oats in a blitzer and let it go till the mix is smooth.
- Open the blitzer and choose your flavor – Nut Butter OR Cacao Powder OR Matcha with the Syrup.
- Blitz again this time letting the eggs fluff a little.
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a pan till melted then pour in a small palm size of batter to make one, do a few piklets at a time.
- When the batter firms up on the top a litte, flip. Remove when a little puffed up or just look at the underside!
- Re oil the pan as you go, repeating till the batter is all gone.
- Let the piklets cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge. These babies should last 2 days if you don’t eat them all straight away!
- I like to top mine with homemade berry jam (sugar free kind!), more PB or coconut yogurt.